We're hiring! Join the FASTER Family
Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
FASTER is a complex web-based hosted platform that incorporates asset management, fleet analytics and reporting, inventory and parts management, vehicle maintenance, and a customer service portal. The product is written in .NET (backend), HTML and Angular (front end). The ideal candidate is a Full Stack Software Engineer who will be able to work with international teams, one who is self-directed and a quick learner, who can be productive with minimum to no supervision. The candidate should be able to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the overall architecture of the FASTER platform with excellent knowledge of back-end and front-end programming languages such as .NET and Angular.
- Take part in software and architectural development discussions and provide candid feedback grounded in best practices and experience.
- Work with the product team and development colleagues to translate requirements into features and functionality using Agile development methodologies.
- Implement a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application using various techniques including RESTful web services.
- Optimize the application for speed, availability, and scalability using Azure native tools and products.
- Implement fundamental design principles to build a scalable web application, including security and data protection, data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Translate UI/UX wireframes to visual elements·
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Focus on overall product quality and user experience.
- Write and maintain documentation for the software functionality.
- Serve as a mentor to junior developers.
The ideal candidate is:
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining complex software, with 2+ years in a Team Lead role
- A self-driven, high achieving independent learner who can excel with minimal guidance
- One who takes the initiative and is responsible for technical solutions to data quality and workflow challenges.
- A positive person who seeks to participate in collaborative and diverse culture.
- A problem solver with a “Can Do” attitude
- Comfortable working in a remote working environment
- Comfortable with starting work early morning US times (such as 7am EST) to be able to work overlap hours with the tech team in India.
- Not a believer in “meetings with my team members are a waste of time” but sees such events as an opportunity to exchange information and learn.
- A strong team player and who is not afraid to challenge colleagues with better solutions to a problem.
- Willing to adopt new practices and processes and can serve as an evangelist in times of transformation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology is required.
- Excellent proficiency in .NET/C# (backend) and Angular (frontend).
- Strong proficiency in MS SQL is highly recommended
- Experience with Azure is strongly recommended
- Strong knowledge and previous experience with Scrum principles.
- Distributed/parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, systems/security software development.
- Automation testing experience and test-driven development is strongly recommended
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance